B. Wilson Producing Scholars Criteria
B. Wilson Producing Scholars (BWPS) alleviates financial burden and provides administrative
guidance for college-level, self-producing dance artists. BWPS seeks to prepare students for real-world experiences as producing artists.
BWPS is operated by a Founding Director and Advisory Board made up of 6 members. As dance artists, activists, musicians, creators, teachers, and doctors in our own right, we vow to make decisions based solely on the directions of the rubric set forth. BWPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and/or marital status.
BWPS is fiscally sponsored by FJC: A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds. B. Wilson Producing Scholars is a Scholarship Award Account at FJC, a 501c3 public charity. As such, all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
*Application Deadline* November 15, 2019
Application closes at 6:00 PM EST. All materials must be submitted by this time. Any applications submitted after 6:00 PM EST will not be accepted. Any incomplete applications submitted after 6 PM EST will not be accepted.
All dance forms are welcome.
Award Amount: $1,000
1. The project may begin as early as January 2, 2020.
2. Applicant must present production in June 2020.
3. Funds awarded must be used toward production costs only.
4. Applicant must be based in New York City.
5. Applicant must be a CUNY Senior or alumnus.
6. Applicant must utilize the award to produce an off campus show.
7. Applicant must be an individual producer.
8. Applicant must be producing the dance.
9. Applicant must produce in New York City (Includes all 5 boroughs).
10. Must be applicant’s first time producing evening-length performance.
11. Applicant must submit a projected budget (via the application).
12. Applicant must submit a timeline
13. Recipient must submit a final budget.
14. Recipient must attend 2 check-in meetings with the Founder and 1 check-in meeting with an Advisory Board Member, between January-June, and the Award Ceremony (March 2020).